6.10.2010

Butterfingers

My chef made these yesterday in class - yummy! They're not as airy and crumbly as Butterfinger candies you buy, but I think I like them better that way. He has so many tools I don't have, as he makes chocolates every day. So the metal bars I mention are long 1-in square metal bars used to enclose a candy when it is in liquid form, until it cools. Then you take the bars away and cut the candy into a set size. I will improvise with what I have on hand when I make these. Have fun =)

Butterfingers – Ian Titterton

10 oz peanut butter

1 tsp vanilla

7 ½ oz granulated sugar

4 ½ oz corn syrup

3 ½ oz water

Milk chocolate, melted (optional)


Over a double boiler, heat the peanut butter and vanilla. Keep warm.

Boil the sugar, corn syrup and water to 290 degrees.

Quickly stir into the hot peanut butter, just until combined. Do not over mix, or it will become crumbly.

Immediately spread onto a Silpat or buttered half sheet pan. (to make even squares, pour onto Silpat, with 1" high metal bars set around edges to create a rectangle – set to whatever thickness you want). Cut as soon as cool into 1" squares (or.

If desired, dip completely into melted milk chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm....sounds good! We have corn syrup that I wasnt sure what to do with....think we'll make this! And the best part: no flour!

    ReplyDelete