8.25.2009

I made the Peaches & Semifreddo!

Since I posted the Vanilla-Roasted Peaches, and the Mocha Semifreddo recipes, I actually made them and LOVED them! 

The Semifreddo was made at home for me and my boyfriend. I work at Starbucks, so am just a bit addicted to coffee =) - and my boyfriend loves the flavors as well. So this Mocha Semifreddo connected my loves of ice cream and coffee perfectly and we both enjoyed the smooth creaminess that resulted. Beware, this is NOT a light dessert. It's VERY heavy and rich. But oh-so-good! 
As I didn't have chocolate-covered espresso beans, I tried to make them. They didn't turn out. So, to give it a crunch, I added crushed Oreo cookies on top of the chocolate drizzle. They were a great addition, although after eating it slowly over a week, the oreos got a bit soggy and lost their crunch. Luckily, I had extras so I kept adding them fresh and it was perfect!


The peaches were made at home in Turlock with all my family - and more guests. We doubled the recipe (but I was unwilling to part with two vanilla beans, so used 1 vanilla bean and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract), but really we could have been fine with one recipe for 8 people! One peach half and just a few raspberries were all that one person needed. With that scoop of ice cream on top, it was a perfect combination =) Any extra peaches would be great on top of yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, etc. Also, leave the skin on when baking. It gets so soft you barely even know it's there!
 

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...Jenn, we made these ourselves! They turned out really really good, and we might even make them again this week :) We used just plain vanilla extract and that worked fine (although your peaches with the vanilla bean def had more vanilla flavour!)

    ReplyDelete